Auckland Rugby League
Board of Directors Code of Conduct
The members of the Board of Directors of Auckland Rugby League Incorporated (ARL) acknowledge and accept the scope and extent of their duties as Directors. They acknowledge a responsibility to carry out their duties in an honest and businesslike manner and within the scope of their authority. Directors also acknowledge they are entrusted with and are responsible for the oversight of the assets and business affairs of Auckland Rugby League Inc in an honest, fair, diligent, and ethical manner. As directors they must act within the bounds of authority conferred upon them and with the duty to make and enact informed decisions and policies in the best interests of members/affiliates for the game of Rugby League in the Auckland district. The Board of Directors has adopted the following Code of Conduct and Directors are expected to adhere to the standards of loyalty, good faith, and the avoidance of conflict of interest that follow:
Board Members will:
- Act in the best interests of and fulfil their fiduciary obligations to all ARL members, affiliates and stakeholders;
- Act honestly, fairly, ethically and with integrity;
- Conduct themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner;
- Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations of the ARL and its subsidiaries;
- Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence, without allowing their independent judgement to be subordinated;
- When conducting their duties, act in a manner which is impartial to any specific member, affiliate, or stakeholder of the ARL;
- Act in a manner to enhance and maintain the reputation of ARL and the game of Rugby League;
- Disclose potential conflicts of interest that they may have regarding any matters that may come before the Board, and abstain from discussion and voting on any matter in which the Director has or may have a conflict of interest;
- Make available to and share with fellow Directors information as may be appropriate to ensure proper conduct and sound operation of ARL and its Board of Directors;
- Respect the confidentiality of information relating to the affairs of the society and all subsidiaries acquired in the course of their service as Directors, except when authorised or legally required to disclose such information; and
- Not use confidential information acquired in the course of their service as Directors for their personal advantage.
A Director who has concerns regarding compliance with this Code should raise those concerns with the Chairman of the Board who will determine what action shall be taken to deal with the concern.
Directors will annually sign a confirmation that they have read and will comply with this Code.
I certify that I have read and will comply with the Auckland Rugby League Incorporated Board of Directors Code of Conduct: