As an appointed official of the Auckland Rugby League Inc you fill an important role in supporting the delivery of rugby league in the Auckland District. This Code of Conduct emphasises obligations you have as an administrator of Auckland Rugby League Inc for the betterment of rugby league for club officials, players and supporters.
As an official of the Auckland Rugby League I agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and accordingly agree:
- Ensure I have a full and competent understanding of the Rules and Regulations of the Auckland Rugby League Inc, its policies, Constitution and By-Laws.
- Keep up to date and be fully conversant with the latest laws of the games, administration policies and principles of their application.
- Attend any courses or seminars that will assist you in gaining further knowledge to support the undertaking of appointed or delegated duties.
- Support all policies, committees and sub-committees of the Auckland Rugby League Inc.
- Be impartial, constant, objective and courteous when making decisions.
- Avoid situations which may lead to or be construed as unethical or a Conflict of Interest.
- Accept responsibility for my actions and decisions.
- Place the safety and welfare of players above all else and show concern and caution.
- Condemn unsporting behaviour and promote respect for the individuality of players and officials.
- Be a positive role model for the game in behaviour and personal appearance and ensure comments are always positive and supportive.
- Refrain from any form of personal abuse towards players or other officials.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
I will not:
- Arrive at a meeting, function, club or playing venue intoxicated or drink alcohol sideline at any matches.
- Behave in a manner that is unbefitting to the Auckland Rugby League Inc as an official or places me in a position that may bring the game of rugby league into disrepute.
I agree to abide by the ARL Code of Conduct for the Football Committee and Sub-Committees.