The Club Development Officer has responsibilities for the development and up-skilling of all club members involved in the coaching, managing and training of teams at the club.
The Development Officer will also work alongside the Volunteer Manager to assist in the training and development of all the club’s other volunteers.
The key qualities or skills required for a Club Development Officer include
- Good interpersonal skills.
- An effective communicator both oral and written
- Well organised
- Positive and enthusiastic
REPORT TO: Club Management Committee
- Maintain close contact with the Auckland Rugby League’s Football development team to ensure all development opportunities are identified and availed off.
- Maintain an up to date record of all coaches, managers and trainers and their current level of accreditation; a copy of this list is to be distributed annually to Auckland Rugby League, Attn Football Development Department.
- Ensure that the club’s accreditation records match the Auckland Rugby Leagues and that appropriate evidence of each coach’s accreditation is held. Copies of this evidence to be provided on request and/or in terms of Auckland Rugby League’s Policies & Procedures.
- Develop and implement a programme to utilise the ARL Accreditation Courses ensure all coaches hold the appropriate accreditation levels.
- Monitor coaches, managers and trainers at practice and if possible in game situations to identify any issues that need attention. In conjunction with the coach, manager or trainer develop a programme to address these issues.
- Ensure the club makes full use of the various resources (courses and people) available from the Auckland Rugby League to develop a quality network of coaches, managers and trainers within the club.
- Develop a mentoring network within the club’s Masters & Old Boys networks to provide assistance to new and/or inexperienced coaches, managers and trainers.
- Work with the Junior & Senior Club Captains to identify club members (parents, family, members and players) with the potential to become coaches, managers and trainers and develop a proactive plan to secure these peoples active involvement in these roles.
- Work with the club captain’s, coaches and trainers to establish player development programmes (individual and group based).
- Assist the club’s management team to develop and implement strategies to strengthen the club both on and off the field.
- Develop within the club an awareness of the resources that are available to grow and strengthen the club on and off the field.
- Positively and pro-actively promote the club in the local community.
- Help the club to stay in good working order – cleaning, working bees.
- If not a committee member attend club committee meetings when requested.
- Attend to any other matters as requested by the club committee.
- Be compliant with the club’s constitution.
- Regularly review this Job Description and recommend improvements to the management committee.