The Grants Co-ordinator provides assistance to the treasurer in the preparation and successfully management of the club’s grant/funding applications.
The role’s key responsibility is to successfully secure grant funding to assist the club with its various funding requirements.
The key qualities or skills required for a Grants Co-ordinator include:
- Well organised
- High level of attention to detail
- An effective communicator – both written and oral.
- Ideally experienced in the finance industry or project management.
REPORT TO: Treasurer and Club Committee
- Identify potential funding sources.
- Identify club funding requirements which may qualify for grant funding.
- In conjunction with the treasurer and the club management committee develop a fundraising plan.
- Write the grant application.
- Ensure all appropriate/required support documents and information is gathered and included with the application.
- Liaise with the potential funder to ensure the smooth and timely processing of the application.
- In conjunction with the treasurer and management committee ensure the approved funds are used for the designated purpose.
- Ensure appropriate grant compliance documentation is obtained and submitted as appropriate/required.
- Assist the treasurer to ensure an appropriate documentary trail is maintained for audit purposes and accountability returns.
- Be compliant with the club’s constitution.
- Regularly review this job description and ensure it remains appropriate and ensure the next person taking over the role is prepared and the transfer is completed smoothly with the minimum of disruption.