The treasurer has responsibility for the satisfactory management of all aspects of the clubs finances including all regulatory compliance requirements.
REPORT TO: Chairperson, Committee and Club Financial Members
- Maintaining accurate and appropriate financial records.
- Attend to the prompt banking of all cash receipts.
- Reconcile Bar till.
- Maintain appropriate floats for the bar and tuck shop.
- Action GST returns and payments as appropriate.
- Maintain the clubs debtors list and follow up on all outstanding amounts on a regular and timely basis.
- Maintain an appropriate Creditors Ledger and pay invoices in terms of the Committees decisions.
- Attend committee meetings.
- Prepare and table appropriate financial reports at each committee meeting.
- Prepare and table an appropriate financial report at the annual general meeting including;
- Confirmation of accounts paid following the previous meeting
- Details of new invoices received for payment with explanatory notes as necessary.
- Details of funds received.
- Commentary on funds expected but not yet to hand.
- Maintain an appropriate Purchase Order Book and ensure ongoing compliance with this requirement.
- Action committee decisions in regards payment/receipt of transfer fees.
- Prepare year end financial reports.
- Provide appropriate support to the year end auditors.
- Ensure compliance with membership of the ARL Club Accounting System, reporting requirements and submissions (refer Participation Agreement).
- Co-ordinate stock takes at least annually.
- Liaise with the club’s bankers as appropriate or necessary.
- Visibly support the club by attending games on a regular basis.
- Actively promote the club in the local community.
- Help the club to stay in good working order through the active participation in working bees.
- Attend to any other matters as allocated by the club’s committee.
- Be available to club members to facilitate communication between the members and the club’s executive.
- Regularly review this job description and ensure it remains appropriate and ensure the next person taking over the role is prepared and the transfer is completed smoothly with the minimum of disruption