The Volunteer Manager has responsibilities for developing and implementing programmes to ensure the recruitment, training and retention of volunteers to assist the club in all aspects of activities and operations.
The key qualities or skills required for a Volunteer Manager include:
- Good interpersonal skills
- An effective communicator both oral and written
- Well organised
- Positive and enthusiastic
REPORT TO: Club Management Committee
- In conjunction with the management committee identify the people resources required by the club for both general running requirements and special events.
- Recruit and recommend the appointment of volunteers to roles that suit them.
- Organise the induction of volunteers.
- Work with the secretary to organise volunteer rosters and maintaining records.
- Identify and organise training and education opportunities for volunteers.
- Ensure volunteers are reimbursed for their out of pocket expenses if/as necessary.
- Ensure all volunteers are recognised for their efforts.
- Provide the management committee with regular updates on volunteer numbers and performance.
- Positively and pro-actively promote the club in the local community.
- Help the club to stay in good working order – cleaning, working bees.
- If not a committee member attend club committee meetings when requested.
- Attend to any other matters as requested by the club committee.
- Be compliant with the club’s constitution.
- Regularly review this job description and recommend improvements to the management committee.