1. Introduction This policy sets out how Auckland Rugby League (we) collects, uses and discloses personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (i.e. a natural person) (you).
We comply with the applicable privacy laws, including the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Act).
You can find out further information about the Act at www.privacy.org.nz.
2. Personal information we collect We collect personal information about you in order to deliver our services to you. We collect this directly from you when you access our services or engage with us through our websites and surveys.
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, responding to surveys, contacting us from our website, signing up for our newsletters), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
· your name
· contact information such as phone number(s) and email address
· a record of any queries you have made.
· website activity
· any correspondence with our staff
We may also collect:
· your date of birth and/or age
· your gender
· your username
· your password
· your location (e.g. address, GPS location, latitude/longitude, coarse or fine etc)
· other contact details (e.g. postal address, email address, phone number, twitter handles)
· about your interactions with us
· your computer or network (e.g. browser identifiers/fingerprints, IP address, network information, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number)
· your billing information (e.g. transaction history, credit card information, purchase history)
· any other information you choose to provide us
· forms of identification to support registration eligibility
Collectively, the above is known as your “personal information".
3. How we collect your personal information Wherever possible, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you provide that personal information to us, including via:
· our website www.aucklandrugbyleague.co.nz and playleague.co.nz
· an electronic form or application
· a registration or subscription process
· our contact with you (e.g. in person or by phone, zoom, email or mail)
· any other means authorised or requested by you
We may also collect your personal information from:
· publicly available information
· third parties, where you have authorised or requested us to do so
4. Why we collect your personal information We collect your personal information when it is necessary for a purpose connected with a function or activity that we carry out, including to:
· verify your identity
· provide products and services
· market our products and services
· improve our products and services
· improve the way we provide our products and services
· inform you of our services, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
· reward you for being a loyal customer
· bill and get paid by you (e.g. authorising and processing credit card transactions)
· communicate with you
· carry out research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis)
· protect and/or enforce our rights and interests
· when you apply to be employed or contracted by us, for recruitment, employment and contracting purposes
· fulfil any other purpose authorised or requested by you
5. Disclosing your personal information We may disclose your personal information to:
· sportsground Ltd at Sporty.co.nz
· New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) and any other affiliated organisations for the purposed of administering the game of Rugby League
· a government agency for the purpose of conducting a vetting check on you
· a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory or government authority)
· any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
· any other person authorised or requested by you
We do not share your personal information with any overseas providers which are not subject to the Act. If we were to do so, we would obtain prior authorisation from you before we disclose it to any such third parties.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to any third party.
For the purpose of providing services to you, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by our associated companies and/or other organisations which provide services to us, such as research, mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies. However, we do share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to deliver our services to you.
6. Protecting your personal information We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is securely stored and safe from loss, unauthorised activity or misuse. However, please be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you send us any information over the internet (in whatever way or format), you send it at your own risk.
We store your personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Act and take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We use trusted third-party providers to store and process our data and ensure that our cloud-based platforms meet New Zealand privacy requirements. Such providers may be based in New Zealand or overseas. The reasonable steps we take includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. In order for us to provide services to you, personal information may also be held by our associated companies in accordance with this policy.
7. Internet Use If you post your personal information on our website through message boards, chat rooms, or other public forums (if any), you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
8. If information is not provided If you do not provide all or any part of the personal information we request, you may be unable to set up an account with us and/or we may be unable to provide (or continue to provide) products and services to you.
9. Accessing and correcting your personal information You can ask for the personal information we hold about you (if it is readily retrievably by us). Before we provide any information to you, we will need evidence that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If your personal information is wrong, you can ask for it to be corrected. If we consider that the correction is reasonable (and we are reasonably able to make the correction), we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
Collecting these helps us understand how visitors engage with our website and services. These technologies allow us to:
· Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular content); and
· Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
We also use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics.
· Remarketing and emails: we use third party cookies – such as but not limited to Google Analytics and – to keep track of the content you’re interested in and remarket it to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from us when you visit other websites).
· Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out, please [visit this page].
When we collect cookies from third parties, this information is collected in aggregated form. That means that we do not collect any personal information from third parties about you. However, we may collect aggregated information and information about household electricity consumption and combine that information with personal information we hold about you.
12. Your consent By providing information to us (in whatever way or format), you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing that information in accordance with this policy and the Act.
14. Contacting us We are committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy matters. To submit a request, or otherwise contact us in connection with this policy, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of our privacy officer.
If we cannot adequately address your privacy concerns, you have the right to complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. For more information on privacy, see the Privacy Commissioner's website.
Our address is Level 2, 17-19 Beasley Avenue, Penrose, Auckland 1061.
Level 2, 17-19 Beasley Avenue, Penrose, Auckland 1061ph 09 571 2000